Throwing a party for whatever the special occasion is take a toll on you and the people who will help you prepare it. The whole gamut of things to consider is enough to give you a headache and preoccupation that will also make you forget things as a side effect.
Among the things that you’ll need to prepare for include the budget for the party, the venue, the number of people you plan on inviting to your party, the games you play to make it exciting and not boring, music mixes to be played, the decorations and themes, and most importantly the food and drinks.
Speaking of food, you must be accustomed to American and other Western cuisines that you
usually serve at birthdays and other special occasions. However, has it occurred to you to try
You may want to try the Japanese teppanyaki food recipes for a change and have a delightful oriental food selection with an electric light on the table to match it!
I’m sure you’re already familiar with Western-style finger foods for parties and if you keep going
back to it, then it can get old pretty fast. However, if you variate your food selection to include
foods from other parts of the world – including exotic ones from Asia like teppanyaki recipes, it
would definitely set the mood for the party even before it has begun.
Teppanyaki dishes not only give you a wide array of mouth-watering recipes for your guests to
enjoy chomping on while being entertained and socializing at the party, but it also offers you a
a healthy alternative to the usual food choices.
It will also give you and your guests the opportunity to learn new customs and traditions of other
countries if tried this option and it will be a fun experience too! This one, in particular, is
guaranteed to give you lots of captured moments in your smartphones and tablets of happy
memories with family and friends.
Electric Teppanyaki Table Top Grill
Since teppanyaki is the order of the day, then what’s teppanyaki food without a teppanyaki grill
at the center of the table while you party and eat? The perfect tabletop teppanyaki grill would
be this electric grill from Amazon!
It’s got features like the real huge steel teppanyaki griddle used in Japanese restaurants, except
that it fits perfectly on a table that can seat 12 people. Cook all your teppanyaki dishes on this
table top which may include beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, scallops and an assortment of
vegetables such as napa cabbage, kale, onions, and mushrooms.
Teppanyaki Recipes You Can Include in Your Itineraries
There are dozens and dozens of teppanyaki recipes you can find on the web and because of the
teppanyaki grill is essentially a canvas and you’re the artist, then you can come up with your
own teppanyaki recipes too!
For now, though, let’s just stick to what is already proven. Here are some teppanyaki recipes to
prepare for your party.
Beef Yakiniku with Vegetables Teppanyaki
- 1lb beef, sliced for Yakiniku
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 Kabocha pumpkin
- 8 Shiitake Mushrooms
Ingredients for the Yakiniku sauce:
- 2 dried chili peppers
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, grated
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds, ground
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
How to cook:
1. Here’s how you make the Yakiniku sauce: first you slice the dried chili peppers into
small thin rings, add the ingredients for the sauce (but not the sesame oil) and start
cooking them in skillet and bring to boil. Now add the sesame oil stirring through until it
2. Cut the onion in half and then chop it to about half-an-inch thick rings. Cut the pepper
into half-an-inch thick rings as well for uniformity. Do the same with the kabocha
pumpkin and the zucchini, then chop off the stems shiitake mushrooms.
3. Pre-heat the electric teppanyaki grill and set temperature dial to high, then pour the
cooking oil. Toss in the vegetables and stir-fry them until they become tender. Then grill
the Yakiniku last and you may eat along as each meat slice gets done just like they do it
in a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, or you can also wait until all of them are done.
Chicken Teppanyaki Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 green onions
- 8 miniature corn cobs
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin rice wine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
How to cook:
1. Slice the chicken breasts at a slight angle to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
2. Cut the peppers open and remove the seeds, then slice them thinly along with the
onions and the corn cobs. Arrange them in a large flat plate and alternately place the
sliced chicken, bean sprouts, onions, peppers, and corn cobs.
3. Fire up your electric teppanyaki table top and preheat the sesame oil. Now stir-fry the
chicken together with the other ingredients.
4. Serve with steamed rice.
Seafood Teppanyaki Recipe
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 12 large prawns, shelled with tails left on
- 4 medium squid, cleaned, tentacles removed, and cut into rings
- 5 cups Japanese rice, steamed
- Leeks, thinly sliced, for garnish
How to cook:
1. Pre-heat the table top teppanyaki grill and pour the vegetable oil. Sauté zucchini for
about 1 – 2 minutes or until it is tender, then transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
2. Pour all the ingredients for the sauce to cook the shrimp and squid with which includes
the liquid seasoning, soy sauce, and mirin. Mix thoroughly then set aside.
3. Pour more vegetable oil and set temperature dial to medium-high heat. Place 2
tablespoons of butter into the teppanyaki grill and melt them. Sauté onions until
translucent and toss in the garlic and sauté it as well until its aroma diffuses in the air.
Lower temperature to medium and add the carrots and bell peppers, then sauté for
about 1 – 2 minutes or until they become tender.
4. Set the vegetable aside and this time turn the temperature dial to high heat, then add the
squid and shrimp. Pour the mirin-soy sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Cook for
several minutes until you’ll see the squid turns to white and the shrimp turns pink in
color. Season with salt and pepper, turn off the electric grill, then add the butter that was
left. Mix them again thoroughly and then transfer it to a clean plate.
5. Pour the seafood teppanyaki over 4 bowls of steamed rice and garnish with leeks.
If you want to learn more about teppanyaki recipes, then visit bitemybun.com.